1) Ingles Tools for Schools: When you link your Ingles Advantage card to Woodfin, Ingles will donate money to the school based on your qualifying purchases. Please ask your friends and relatives to link their card as well. They do not have to live in Buncombe County to link to Woodfin School. You can get additional enrollment forms by sending a note to your child’s teacher requesting additional forms. This is a very simple way to bring in extra funds to Woodfin Elementary when you go grocery shopping.
2) Harris Teeter Together in Education: This program is similar to Ingles Tools for School. When you link your Harris Teeter VIC card to Woodfin School and purchase Harris Teeter Brand products, Harris Teeter will contribute a percentage of those dollars to our school. Please present this card to the cashier and she will automatically link your card to Woodfin Elementary.
3) Box tops for Education: Buy Box Top for Education qualifying products. You can download the Boxtops app to your smartphone and upload your receipt with specially marked Boxtop items to help our school digitally!
4) Donors Choose: Donors Choose is a website that helps match donors and teachers. Teachers create project proposals on Donors Choose website and anyone who would like to help fund those projects are able to donate. You can visit www.DonorsChoose.org website and search by state, school district and school name to see what projects Woodfin currently has needing funding. Your donation through Donors Choose is tax deductible.
5) Office Depot: Office Depot will donate credits equal to 5% of your qualifying school supply purchases when you present the card showing Woodfin's school ID Number.
6) Target Take Charge of Education: When you use your Target Red Card, Target will donate 1% of your purchases to Woodfin when you designate Woodfin as your school of choice. Visit Target’s website at www.visittarget.com/tcoe to designate us as your school of choice.
7) PTO: Our PTO is a very important resource for Woodfin Elementary and they are always looking for parents who would like to help with PTO activities, such as Fall Festival, Woodfin 5K, Teacher Appreciation, and many other activities throughout the year. There is no cost to joining PTO; your enthusiasm and desire to help students at Woodfin is all you need to bring with you. If you are interested in joining PTO, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and she will have someone from PTO contact you.
8) Volunteers: Woodfin Elementary encourages and uses volunteers in many ways. Some ways we use volunteers are tutoring a student, reading to students, helping the teacher, and proctoring.
We will, of course, continue our traditional fundraisers: Fall Festival, Woodfin 5K, and Book Fair.